Sunday, February 8, 2009

BIG CITY

I have returned from my Steakhouse tour of America. In four nights, I ate at five different steak restaurants. (The Palm, Smith and Wollensky, Morton’s, Fleming’s, and Sullivan’s) Thank God for Vytorin and pass the salad.

As reported in my last post, I ended up my run at a birthday celebration in Kansas City. The party was fun and the music by Robert Earl Keen and the band was excellent. Robert played his usual high energy set and the crowd was very receptive.

An additional treat was the band that followed Robert for a short set of Merle Haggard favorites. I think they were called Bill Whitbeck and the Strangers, but I’m not really sure. All I know is they nailed Merle Haggard. Bill’s vocals were Haggard like and my favorite man of steel, Marty Muse, had all the right licks for the songs. Even the rhythm guitar player was pretty good. These guys might have a future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment